We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion to TripAdvisor

Virginia
Level Contributor
22 posts
294 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion to TripAdvisor

This in regards to each user under the heading of " Your TripAdvisor". I suggest that a heading such as "Additions" be included to show how many businesses have been added by that person. Personally, I have added a bunch, it would be nice to get credit for it.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,831 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

OH bully for you!

I am getting a bit fed up with these forum ego trips, please desisit.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,204 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

The idea has a certain amount of appeal. Anything that provides folks with a positive incentive to submit new listings and update old ones (restaurants, for example, are constantly changing) could be good.

McLean, VA
Level Contributor
16 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

Re

IL Nuovo Galeon.

in Venice

The map location that comes up is extremely incorrect ... and very misleading. Because of that, the restaurant does not show when using the map-zoom feature to locate restaurants by neighborhood.

This restaurant is on Garibaldi ... in the Castello siestre.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,507 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

Hi DC-Foodee ~

For another time, when your question is different from what the Original Poster is asking, it would be better to ask a new question (the button just above the avatar of the OP.)

You will need to report the incorrect pinning of this restaurant on the map to TA. Click on the blue print link below and find the "email" (again blue print) at the end of the second line of text.

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_when_a_…

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,624 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

Hi DC-Foodee;

For future reference, the Support Forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site, and to report technical problems.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

When you are viewing the map, click on the pin for the property that you wish to report. A bubble showing more details about the property will appear. A "Report incorrect location" link will also appear. Clicking the link will alert TA staff that the pin location is incorrect.

Best Regards

Virginia
Level Contributor
22 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

My sincerest apologies. I did not know I was working on my ego. Consider me desisted.

Houston
Level Contributor
355 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

Metalhead, your suggestion was a good one. All contributions should be done for the purpose of providing information to other travellers for free, but I have no problem with the stars or badges if it makes people provide more information. There are some frequent contributers on this forum who almost always shoot down any suggestions for changes, especially changes that they perceive makes one contributer appear more valuable than another.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,451 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

you are not the only person working their ego on this forum so I would not worry about it.

I come on TA to SHARE experiences ,to pass info in a peer to peer manner and I am happy to do so,I really don;t feel the need for folk to wave flags ,blow whistles or give me a badge for my efforts,a polite thank you for giving and receiving info is quite good enough for me.

I have been lucky enough to meet quite a few TA travellers in my home city and in other places I have visited and joining up with these people for a drink or a meal is more reward than any TA credit could ever give me.

Edited: 14 October 2011, 20:10
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

I am with unclegus-

If anyone is posting for a star by their name or a photo book or whatever thats not what its about.

Not quanity but quality and wanting to do so.

Edited: 15 October 2011, 00:52
Essex
Level Contributor
28,831 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestion to TripAdvisor

metalhead, I would bow to you, but I prefer to desist!!