We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cutting Edge Documentary

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cutting Edge Documentary

I found the conceited 'so called advisors' completely abhorent. Whilst I don't deny they were trying to be truthful, they showed a perverse joy at belittling others to somehow gain personal satisfaction or power over someone that cannot debate the issues before they are defamed (one 'advisor' actually admitted it). The female 'advisor' was particularly cowardly, not willing to discuss her disgraceful remarks which she clearly thought were amusing.

These 'advisors' have no official status, training or regulation but can wilfully damage peoples livlihood - I'm sure some places might even deserve it but even so, criticism must be constructive, not intentionally derogatory for fun (your advisors did not come across as perfect but that is no excuse for me to lay into them personally). I am not saying all reviews should be 'nice' and problems avoided but proprietors/managers should get an opportunity to address contentious issues before they are published. For example if bedding is not changed daily for the same guests (does anyone change their bedding at home daily?!?), they can display a sign to say visitors can request it if required. This will help to improve the establishments as the 'advisors' claim they are doing and avoid any distress.

I am not in the accomodation business but actually a travel extensively in international sales and I will always discuss any problems I have with management (and some are pretty bad) rather than slink off to create an a smug, witty article to feed an obsession or ego. .

Edited: 31 October 2011, 23:07
1. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 November 2011, 12:12
2. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 November 2011, 00:05
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

all hail the bully victims for they will inherit the key board, they can then do to others as has been done to them. amen

4. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

5. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

6. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

Removed on: 01 November 2011, 00:35
Houston
Level Contributor
355 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

AllunWicka, I do not agree with your negative assessment of TA reviews or reviewers. It would be nice if instead of posting this rant against those of us who review, you could submit some reviews yourself! I am not a prolific reviewer, but do wish to share my experiences with both directly to management and also to prospective customers at a property. I do not do this for any "ego trip" considerations, only in hoping that my information may be valuable to those who follow in my footsteps. Most of my reviews are very positive, since I use TA among other information to select properties that have positive feedback, and find that usually I am very happy with the choice. Thanks TA!

Cookstown, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

I agree with your comments, however, I was commenting on the programme this evening which highlighted main flaws in the system. I strongnly agree we should share experiences and this will hopefully enhance experience for all of us. However, I feel this evenings programme was most certainly not a good portrayal of this and it would be up to trip advisor to reassure users as to how reliable the reviews are. We all want local business to prosper for all communities. As for your comment saying I should review, is there a training scheme or policy I need to adopt?? What was your take on this evenings programme?

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

That's a fair comment and I did not mean to 'incriminate' all reviewers, just those on the program which was pretty biased against 'serial advisors' and the damage they can do. Of course on the other side, good reviews can do wonders for proprietors but I think we know that amd not what the program was trying to highlight.

I don't write reviews because I rarely stay more than one night anywhere and cannot make a fair judgement on a snapshot visit. Although I have had many a cause for complaint, I have mostly had satisfactory recompense (believe me I know how to complain!), so I don't see any need to take the matter further. However feedback is very good but can be subjective (there are so many conflicting reviews on TA) so I leave it up to others but do appreciate their effort.

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cutting Edge Documentary

I found the documentary informative.

I was concerned that the reviewers who had participated in the programme did come across as being rather strange people. They seemed to me to be overly zealous in what they saw as their missions to provide people with their "reviews".

In terms of improving the TripAdvisor site, I can't help thinking that any reviews over a year should be deleted as being out of date. If I read that a hotel or B&B was dirty or for that matter excellent a year ago - what does that tell me about what it might be like today? Nothing! But it may leave me with what could well be an totally incorrect impression.