We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

separate support forums.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,862 posts
Save Topic
separate support forums.

seems that many many buisness owners are coming to the support forum for advice and often being rediredted .

canIi make a suggestion.

can we have 2 support forums clearly marked.

Travellers Support forum

and

Business owners support forum.

that way the business owners can post away to their hearts delight and be redirected to the appropriate place and travellers can get the support they need to navigate the website without having to wade through all the business owners postings.

I know there is a Buisness forum but it is only opened to registered businesses,this way they might be able to see a forum that is suitable for them and then get the info to join the right forum

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: separate support forums.

I am not a business and i can see the Owners Forum from the Forum's Home.

CB

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: separate support forums.

Perhaps the time has come for a suggestion I made many moons ago to be raised again and that is that we have an initial "filter"

What I mean by a filter is that when you click on the link to the Support Forum you get a pop up which asks "are you a register business owner - YES/NO"

If they click on YES they will be directed to the Owners Forum and NO to the Support Forum

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: separate support forums.

good idea FFM, soemthing needs to be done as there seems to be as many if not more busniness owners being redirected as there are genuine people asking for support

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: separate support forums.

I agree - either that or give the Support Forum DE's the ability to move the threads

This is all very basic stuff

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: separate support forums.

Ahhh, BUT, if you took away the business related posts and the review posts then the support staff and ourselves would have no questions to answers lol we'd be fighting over them !!!

BUT, great idea FFM - another pop up ROFL... no seriously, a brilliant idea.

Bump it up FFM, bump it.

Blimey, have both you and L4 been on the Weetabix this week? Two cracking ideas in as many days - love it :)

CB

Edited: 14 January 2012, 12:05
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: separate support forums.

Oooo, getting on dodgy ground there, DE's effectively becoming "Moderators" however, if their only remit was to move post to the correct forum, i.e. from HUMTAB to SUPPORT and vice versa and from HUMTAB/SUPPORT to Owners then yes, that would be fine, but that should be the extent of the moderation powers IMHO.

CB

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: separate support forums.

CB

I have many others but have got to the stage of thinking "why bother"

I often think of TA as being a motor car that can take you on a wonderful journey. The owners are busy adding a spoiler, toe bar, roof rack and some go faster stripes when they should be looking under the bonnet and giving it a good service

On the DE thing - that would be all they could do

Edited: 14 January 2012, 12:12
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: separate support forums.

Yeh, i empathise completely as you know *sigh*.... oh well, we can but soldier on merrily :)

CB

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: separate support forums.

Always great to see new ideas that will assist the efficiency of the forums, etc. In terms of moving the posts as TA staff sometimes already do, in this situation, some of the businesses will be verified and some won't. And there's the question of how much to expect from our DE's.

L4

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,862 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: separate support forums.

I really do think that TA should be taking much more of a role in support forums, there are a lot of businesses paying money for listings that seem quite lost as to what is going on in the site.

fair enough for us who get this site for free to have peer to peer help on support forums but for those that are paying for TA listings then they should have properly trained assistance on a dedicated forum.