We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New app

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
New app

Is it just me or is the app totally useless - I am now reverting to the main TA site as the app has virtually no info on it!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,233 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New app

Have to agree. I rarely use the app. Much prefer the main TA site when using my iPad.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New app

I think it misses off listings where there is no map - because the No.1 Hotel in Hurghada Egypt (The Premier Le Reve as an example) doesn't show on the map, and isn't on the App, yet you would expect it to be, being the best in the area!

That's my thinking anyway, but it could be way off mark.

As this is a forum for suggestions, then I would maybe expect a reply from someone from TA, to say why the App is a cut-down version of the site - it makes it absolutely useless IMO.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,785 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New app

The App is a more compact version of the full site. It doesn't have all the features. BUT listings and reviews, they are all supposed to be visible.

I'm not certain why this is happening; it may be that places that are not on the map are not showing, but in the previous version, there was not such problem.

TA_Jeanine Is responding to all posts related to the IPad App in the Supposet forum, so she's likely to pop up here too, but if she doesn't see this thread, you can send feedback directly to the team in charge of the App with this form:

www.tripadvisor.com/ContactUs…

Silvia

Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New app

Why is their no B and B places on the app ? I don't like staying at hotels so its useless without this option. I travel quite a bit and the app is the easiest thing for me to use. Could you add bed and breakfast places?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New app

Actually, there is on the app. If you click on Hotel, then enter the name of the city, you'll see a list of hotels. Above Sort & Filter you'll see a link called B&B's and another for Other.

Regards,

L4

6. Re: New app

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 07:17