We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape town and cape town central

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
cape town and cape town central

I am a destination expert for Cape Town. I have now suddenly become a d/e for Cape Town central. What on earth is cape town central. There is no such thing as Cpe Town Central. It sounds like a train station. I dont know who in their right minds decided to divide Cape Town up. This is absolutely ridiculous. May i please ask that Cape Town become Cape Town which is located in teh Western Cape. There is NO SUCH THING as Cape Town central and now posts are being divided up. Its crazy. Please just go back to Cape Town being Cape Town and get rid of this "Cape Town Central" which if you want to be picky you could say Central Cape Town which is the middle of town 1 or 2 streets. You dont have a forum for Los Angeles and one for Downtown L.A. You dont have one for London and one for Chelsea and one for Golders Green. London is London

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,783 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cape town and cape town central

Another person also raised this issue yesterday

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k53141…

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cape town and cape town central

Thanks flip flop man -o I actually brought this up on the Cape Town Forum as well and then wondered where to put it and suggested this forum for anyone who wants to complain about it. There are 3 D/E's I knmow who are now 1) De for Cape Town Central me 2) someone D/E for Cape Town Western Cape and another D/E for western Cape so that's 3 D/E's who have been divided now. 3 D/E's I know have written to T/Ã but they havnt gotten anywhere at all.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cape town and cape town central

Pklease, please do something about this. It does not make sense. Cape town is all the pensinsular and various other areas and most people want adv ice on the whole region.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cape town and cape town central

Does ANYONE take notice of these at all? Is it even worthwhile posting something on here. We still have CAPE TOWN CENTRAL.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,082 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cape town and cape town central

Hi divacape;

From the sticky at the top of this forum titled "Help us make TripAdvisor better! Forum: PLEASE READ: How to use this forum"

"Please note that while we read all of the feedback posted here, we usually do not comment on ideas or answer questions on this forum."

Best Regards

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,783 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cape town and cape town central

It would be nice of they did on topics such as this to explain the rationale behind the change

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cape town and cape town central

Well, someone ought to respond!!!!!! Who do we complain to then????? Who will explain the rationale to us all????

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cape town and cape town central

exactly!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cape town and cape town central

I wonder if it's similar to the Perth forums ?

I got an email from TA the other week that included the following statement:

"Our listings team has created a "Greater Perth" region (Western Australia) and moved all of the communities located in the Perth metro area. Using the metro areas listed on various Perth and Western Australia tourism websites, everything outside of that area has been moved to Greater Perth. "

I did write back explaining there was no such thing as Greater Perth and perhaps TA had not learned from all the debarcle on the Thai forums when they tried to reinvent the planets geography.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cape town and cape town central

Actually T/A never even contacted us. In fact i was thinking about it earlier that surely if they wanted to change it they should contact those people that they have made D/E's whose opinions they value in order to check if there is such a thing as "Cape Town Central" which there isnt and now "Greater Perth" which there isnt and so many other places. What are they trying to do. THeyre not helping - theyre making things worse. If someone can tell me who to write to I will.