We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well Done, TA

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Topic
Well Done, TA

For a change to my usual moaning and criticism, I'd like to say well done, TA, for having FINALLY(!) sorted the Attractions' Types in the drop-down menu of "Get Listed" page alphabetically.

I'm now in the process of suggesting great many new listings for Ukraine pages, and filling in the form has become so much faster and less irritating!

Well done.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well Done, TA

Hmmm...this sounded like good news so I've just gone in for a look...well whilst it is alphabetical, I think something has gone awry as the majority of attraction types I can see are in German with only a handful in English. I'm on the .co.uk site! A work in progress still or a glitch perhaps?

On another Attractions note, well done TA for adding thumbnail pictures to the attraction listings and increasing to 30 per page (same thing was done to Restaurants a couple of weeks back). Hopefully will cut down on reviews posted against the wrong attractions.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well Done, TA

Just gone back in and second time the list was all in Japanese (I think!). Tried it a third time and now all in English and alphabetical. Think it was having a "funny five minutes"!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well Done, TA

Hi BayB0y,

Refresh the page; it should get back to English.

When I submitted new listings today, I saw the drop-down menu in different languages (German, French) while the rest of the page was in English. Since it got back to norm after clicking F5, I didn't bother to report the glitch.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Well Done, TA

Hi Cora, yes as i just reported it all seems ok now. This is a good improvement!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well Done, TA

By the way, yes, I also liked the new format of Things to Do.

I like that you can now see the photos of an attraction without opening its page with reviews.

But I was wondering, how the photos to be on "the main display" were/are chosen (if there are no thumbs up and no photos from the management)? As far as Kyiv is concerned, I couldn't help thinking it was "the worst" principle most of the time..

Also, there are still lots of mistakes in attractions' maps. Such a shame.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Well Done, TA

Maybe TA is reminding us that it is a worldwide site, LOL. I got the French list yesterday.

There is more work scheduled to be done - I think they plan to group attractions such as museums in one scetion, so you can see all the types of museums at a glance.

But right now it is indeed a BIG improvement!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,351 posts
5,586 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well Done, TA

This is very good news! Very helpful! Indeed, Well Done, TA!!!!!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Well Done, TA

Would be also nice if TA could add some other categories.

Say, I desperately miss "Fortresses" and "Palaces". TA does have "Castles", but fortresses and palaces are not castles!

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
9. Re: Well Done, TA

Hi Cora and all,

You're welcome-- glad we could finally get this done! Members in another thread reported the glitch in the new alphatetized dropdown where it sometimes shows up in other languages. Cora, as you adeptly noted, if you refresh the page, it will jump back to English. We will fix this!

For requests for additions to the attractions list (like fortresses. palaces, etc), can you start a new thread in this forum? I'll ask the folks on our listings team that addressed this to pay attention to the thread. I do know that we plan to revamp these member listings requests pages entirely (they are some of our oldest pages and look it!), so we may wait until the new version comes out before making more changes (except for the dropdown_in_other_languages bug).

Cheers,

TA_Jeanine

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Well Done, TA

Thank you for the additional information, Jeanine!

I certainly can and will start the new thread, will just have to look first at what other categories I was missing, apart from fortresses and palaces.