We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

Houston
Level Contributor
3 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

I have read many of the post and have to laugh. There are some good points on both sides and have changed my opinion several times. To me, the issue is if you see a review that you like, and it works out for you, you are more likely to look at that persons other reviews to get ideas. Quality is important, but quantity is nice as well. My suggestion to TA is to reward their loyal and top contributors with some sort of token of appreciation, a t-shirt, hat, electronic voucher for a travel guide, something. The more the word is put out about TA, the better off we will all be with more people contributing. It also wouldnt hurt the stock price either

Essex
Level Contributor
28,860 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

Would a tote bag do it for you??

Slightly frayed by all accounts!

Essex
Level Contributor
28,860 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

If you are in India and post under the correct 'rules' then you can earn JP miles, whatever they are.

However if you go to the TA Support forum you will find that this promition is having the usual snags and problems......

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

I think its more important to reward the people who help in the forums.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,554 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

People saying thanks is reward enough for me

I fully agree with barbexpat above that the travel forums are the engine room of TA where people freely give up their time day in day out to share information

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,554 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

@ OP

Any reason you have not chosen to share your knowledge on the travel forums???

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,220 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

I think those members who contribute countless hours to the destination forums -- and especially to answering the endless questions on the Support and HUMTAB forums -- should get a "reward".

IMO, they are more deserving of it than those who write the mostly useless 'tweet-reviews' that are now inundating the review section!

By the way, I get a generic "thank-you" note from TA from time to time . . . ;-)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

If you start rewarding quantity without consideration of quality you will simply get, as H-B suggests above, reviewers posting meaningless and unhelpful reviews via Facebook, purely to drive up their numbers.

OD

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,469 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

this old sunject yet again.Well I have over 14,000 forum post over 8.5 years of service, and I seek no reward other than the satisfaction of helping a fellow traveller.

I used to have over 120 reviews to my name but removed them for a variety of reasons and one of them being that some folk were rewarded for their reviews and others not ,just depended on their geographical location.

When I joined TA the whole idea was to swap info with fellow travellers and the reward you recieved was reciprocal exchange of information.

This echange idea seems to have long gone and newer members seem to post on the "what is in it for me" priciple.

Thank goodness there are still a lot of folk of the old school that can still see the basic priciple behind TA and I thank them for that.

Rewards............ sorry but i don't need them

Edited: 05 July 2012, 08:54
Cheshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

I got a luggage tag after 70 reviews - does that count?

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Advisor Contributor Rating- Reward the Top Contributor

Some people have it all frack to bunt!

You don't write reviews or contribute to forums and then look for rewards,

You use reviews to help make informed choices and you ask questions on forums, and pick the brains of fellow travelers to help you when you travel. Contributing to forums and reviewing is a way of giving back and saying thank you.

It's the 'reward' YOU give for the help you have been given.