We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding your own review in the listings

Victoria, BC, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
finding your own review in the listings

There is a review I wanted to go back and add pictures to but I can't find which one. You can easily find a listing of your reviews, but when you click on the review it takes you to the property and shows you all the reviews of that property with the most recent ones at the top. You shouldn't have to page through everyone else's review to get to your own.

When you're on "your reviews" page and you click on your review, it should take you to the full listing of that review, NOT the property.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,085 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finding your own review in the listings

Thank you for pointing this out, as it is one my pet peeves.

In fact, when you look at the link on your reviews, it is two links; it only looks as if it's a single link. If you see a line like this:

Excelsior Hotel : Couldn't get any lower

clicking on the name of the hotel (Excelsior Hotel) links to the main listing for all the hotel's reviews. But if you click on the title of the review ("Couldn't get any lower"), you will go directly to that review.

I can't tell you how many times that tripped me up before I learned that; it's a poor design.

Edited: 18 August 2012, 23:53
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finding your own review in the listings

Hi cala3,

Welcome to the forums.

You're right and there's a way. When you're on your Contributions page and want to find your specific review, on the listing, click on the title of your review and not the business name. For example, if my review is: Bistro Pastis: Excellent French Food, I'd click on my title which is Excellent French Food. Clicking on the title takes you to your specific review.

L4

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: finding your own review in the listings

i remember asking this about a year ago. i was SO grateful to country wife for her answer!

another 'trick' i learned at the same time; if you want to read reviews for something, clicking on the title of the first review opens all of them. sometimes, clicking on 'more' only opens the one you are reading.

pam

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,674 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: finding your own review in the listings

More happy news, Pam. I believe TA has upgraded the clicking on the title of the first review in the listings in order to open them all. I just went off to click on the title of the 5th review of a listing to double check, and they all opened up. I remember that once being a suggestion for improvement on HUMTAB. I think TA listened. Still you do need to know the "title of" part.

5. Re: finding your own review in the listings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 05:17