We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When a new review is NOT a new review

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
When a new review is NOT a new review

I reviewed an attraction on 27th August and waited for it to be published. It was eventually published today, 19th September. However, because I submitted it on 27 August it now features on page 36 of the reviews for that particular attraction!! So my NEW review has become a very OLD review which no-one will probably even read now!!

Would it not be better for reviews to be dated when TA decide to actually publish them, and NOT when the TA member submitted the review to TA? At least that way, even after a lengthy delay for whatever reason by TA, the review will feature as a 'new' review and not be pushed back into oblivion.

That was all a bit difficult to describe, so I hope I've made made some sense of it!! :o)

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When a new review is NOT a new review

I understand what you are saying. It has been discussed before, I believe this may have been the last occasion:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k51351…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When a new review is NOT a new review

I'm not on here that often, so thanks for the link. I'm glad it's not just me!!

I can see the pros and cons, but it's just so frustrating to spend time on doing a comprehensive review that is just going to get buried as soon as it's posted. I'm now thinking now that it was totally pointless doing that review and, although I've done more since then, it's really off-putting.

3. Re: When a new review is NOT a new review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:18