We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reviews order

Barcelona...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
reviews order

Hi,

It would be helpful to add [by reviewer reputation] option to reviews order options. Now it's only possible to order the reviews by [date] and by [rating].

[by reviewer reputation] should be calculated mixing 'number of reviews' and 'helpufl votes'.

Thank you a lot for your service!

bye,

enricostn

https://github.com/enricostano

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reviews order

I don't think it will happen. I don't think the number of posts a member has....number of reviews...has any bearing on how reputable they are.... Sometimes a poor review on a property will garner multiple "helpful votes" from others that have a vendetta against that property. I think recent reviews are most informative. Do you really wan to sort through reviews from 2 years ago?

Edited: 20 October 2012, 21:02
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reviews order

I don't think that is helpful. What would be helpful, as discussed on another HUMTAB recent thread, is for the date of the visit to be listed at the top of the review. It would also be helpful if reviews could be organized on the basis of the date of the visit.

Edited: 20 October 2012, 22:51
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reviews order

Ok just my 2 here.

This is why the badges were created IMO.

It was a big issue sometime quite awhile back now and thats when the badges popped up.

Now I believe that you must read a review from a seasoned reviewer and also from a one timer and this is why.

A seasoned reviewer when experianceing a business many times is thinking

review and what they will say in a review when a first timer does not and waits until they are composing the review with a fresh overall look to decide what they will submitt and in many cases is more helpful.

Now this is in many cases...and IMO.

S.C

Edited: 21 October 2012, 16:39
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reviews order

Nope, totally disagree

5. Re: reviews order

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 17:40
Edited: 21 October 2012, 17:40
Barcelona...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reviews order

Hi,

maybe the number of reviews could not be the best measure, but I think that the total of "helpful votes" should express the trust our community give to those users that write good reviews. And we need good reviews.

I'm thinking at rating mechanisms like in http://stackexchange.com/

Also, the last 20 reviews from people that doesn't have any "useful reviews" could not give good reviews to read.

Bye!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reviews order

Older reviews tend to have more votes than newer ones as they have been around longer but it does not mean that they are any better than a new one with no votes so far

Barcelona...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reviews order

I think that having many options to sort the reviews could be a good tool to compare reviews.

Houston
Level Contributor
355 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reviews order

enrico-I agree that users should be able to sort through the database in any way they wish. I am not sure that it would result in more satisfaction in the places they chose to patronize, but like picking stocks it would result in the user having more satisfaction in his decision making ability. This filtering suggestion has been around for a long time, and seems to be a "hot button" issue.

10. Re: reviews order

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 10:15