We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not correct location ignored

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
9 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Not correct location ignored

I have made several comments on year-old plus reviews in the listing for Piedmont, A Virginia Steakhouse in Culpeper, VA.

Piedmont only opened a few months ago and those older reviews are clearly for an Italian restaurant that was in the same location but is now closed.

Those reviews have never been removed - and should be.

How do I get the attention of the Tripadvisor Staff to correct this?

I am not an owner, nor am I connected. I just enjoyed their food and want the place to be fairly represented.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,844 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not correct location ignored

Hi Little_Lew ~

The current owner of a business must contact TA to request the removal of reviews posted previously to the new ownership. They don't have to. They might just like the ratings of those reviews that help keep their new business in a good position on the listing pages.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not correct location ignored

Hi Little_Lew,

The HUMTAB (Help us make TripAdvisor better!) Forum is for making suggestions to improve the site itself or to give feedback to TripAdvisor (TA); an ideas forum for lack of a better term. For future reference the Support Forum is for general assistance in using the site, its features, "how do I?" types of questions and technical support.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Cheers,

L4

Wappingers Falls...
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not correct location ignored

Well, I wrote to TripAdvisor using the "How Do I" about a listing's location incorrectly identified. Has not been corrected.

(Also, suggested a new listing, again using the proper procedure. Nothing has happened.).

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,732 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not correct location ignored

Little_Lew, contact the owner of the business and suggest that they join TA! They can then get the old reviews removed if they want to. Some owners are only vaugely aware of TA reviews.

SquareG, it's always hard to discuss different subjects on the same thread. I'd suggest that you post your question on the "Support" forum, starting your own thread so things don't get mixed up!

Click on the blue link in post #2 above to get to the Support forum, then use the orange/white buttons to "Ask a Question" - this will let you start a new thread.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Not correct location ignored

Dear Sir i write before as well for ur kind help to correct my restaurant location bcoz guests are facing a lot of problem when they try to search (shahbaba indian restaurant) my restaurant but not find on correct location. Itis therefore requested that please help me in this regards as soon as posible. Bcoz now season is almost start thanks for ur kindness. Abdal Jabbar owner shah baba indian restaurant Naiyang beach 74/7 moo 3 sakoo thalang phuket Thailand.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,163 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not correct location ignored

Hi shahbaba;

It is impolite to the members who have participated in a thread to change its topic, as it makes the replies for the original topic hard to follow. Proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster.

Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

Information about how to sign-up and access the Owners’ Forum can be found here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

Please post your concern on that forum.

Best Regards

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,732 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not correct location ignored

Another thread that did not get closed at one year.

8. Re: Not correct location ignored

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:21