We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pop-Ups

United States
Level Contributor
12 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Pop-Ups

STOP them. Getting overwhelmed by pop-ups everytime your site is opened. Have come to absolutely dread having to use tripadvisor, and log in as little as possible anymore.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pop-Ups

Pop ups are integral to the site, as that is how the find prices for hotels feature works. If you don't use the site for hotel prices, you may want to enable the pop up blocker of your browser.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pop-Ups

Hi there

Here is the forum search result for pop ups and all the ideas to get rid of them - it's very simple:

http://tinyurl.com/aqbllku

CB

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pop-Ups

annoying isn't it.

but i have found that when the installed pop up blocker doesn't work if u use the page that pops up for the rest of your browsing session......there are no more pop ups.

United States
Level Contributor
12 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pop-Ups

they're integral to the commerical relationship tripadvisor has with the sites. never booked a hotel that way. preference is to go direct to agoda.

Chicago
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pop-Ups

Due to the incessant pop ups, I will sadly no longer use the Tripadvisor.com website.

I am a long-time member and was a BIG fan, and I have recommended Tripadvisor.com to many, many friends but I cannot stand how the constant pop-ups shove "alternatives" at me while I am looking at specific info.

Please know that we users know that the pop ups as they are presently used are NOT an integral function of Tripadvisor.com but a marketing tool we do not want.

Try hard to make pop ups less intrusive. There are other sites out there that I find almost as good as tripadvisor but far less irritating due to your pop ups.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pop-Ups

Sadly I'm getting a little bit peeved with these ads. Even more so when I click on a subject in one forum only for one of these Hotel ads searches to pop up instead. I wouldn't mind but it asking if I want a hotel in Woodhill Spa.......I searched for a hotel there over 4 months ago! Relevant? Hardly.

For some reason these annoying boxes seem to be slipping under the radar of my browser no matter what I do. Oh well, time to really block out ALL the ads. More software going on..........

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pop-Ups

What ads?

What pop-up?

Firefox+ablock= ^^__^^

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,674 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pop-Ups

Typo = adblock

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
18 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pop-Ups

this is the MOST annoying feature.. yes you can block but still.. and pretty much in 0% the info from the pop-up was related to what I really look for.

please remove them!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pop-Ups

I don't have an issue with the ads that appear on the pages, hence the no need for a pop up blocker..... they just add to the viewing experience. And if something takes my fancy, who knows where I might end up. But as a separate pop up...grrrrrrrrrrr! Yes, i do know that Firefox and adblock can be ruthless when it comes to ads. But I like to use Opera........