We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Reponse from Trip Advisor

Ardmore...
Level Contributor
4 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
No Reponse from Trip Advisor

I have written a number of full and extensive reviews for Trip Advisor,. I have proposed a solution to assure that they list Philadelphia sites.

Comments that I have previously posted have been removed from the Forum even though those comments have been corroborated by other readers.

Trip Advisor contends that they want to make the site better, but they are still most parochial and reject anything not directed by their center.

I have proposed several sites to Trip Advisor but have had no response.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,829 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

I'm not sure what you are saying Tony, you have had numerous reviews published and if you are wanting to review somewhere that is not listed then there is a procedure to follow, and once TA have checked the new hotel / restaurant / attraction is added and you may then review. So IMO there is already a solution to that part of your query.

If however you are saying you have had posts removed from the forum that is generally because members have either seen your comments and deemed them inappropriate or have alerted TA to them. If you feel your removed posts were within TA guidelines and were pertinent to the posts you were answering you can ask them to look and possibly reinstate.

Or have I totally misunderstood your post??? 8)

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

First issue, I think you are confusing "no response" with "rejection. It's possible you just haven't waited long enough, used the wrong method to ask it be added or they did add it but they didn't notify you. (search to be sure)

Second issue, a good thing would be to read the forum guidelines. Other members being in agreement with you is no defense for breaking posting guidelines.

If you have read the guidelines and feel your forum post was removed error, you can contact the moderators via the help center and ask your post re reevaluated and reinstated

Noah

Westfield...
Level Contributor
10 posts
772 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

SAME PROBLEM! On vacation, I often write half a dozen reviews. All start in "pending" and several then disappear, Contacting TA should be easier that a narrow minded multiple choice form and a vague reply a week or more later.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,271 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

Ulysses4,

Are you writing/posting these reviews on computers at the businesses (hotels)? My understanding is that one thing TA considers about reviews is the IP address from which the they are posted and if it's say a computer at the hotel being reviewed . . . well it sends up red flags. I hope you can understand this could be viewed as an issue.

Not saying it's what is happening, but it could be.

hlo

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

"a narrow minded multiple choice form and a vague reply a week or more later."

I don't mind the form (it is free form, not multiple choice) but I do mind the vague replies when TA quotes that their auto filters deleted your review. They could at the very least point to which guideline specific the review violated not to make the same mistake again.

Silvia

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

Have you checked your spam folder(s) ulysses4? Often TA sends out confirmation emails and if you don't respond, your pending review vanishes.

7. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 16:19
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,802 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

Hi Greg, welcome to the forums ~

Yeah, TA is difficult to get around at first. This Help Make TA Better is designed for posting suggestions to make the website better. Support Forum is for questions for general assistance and how to use the website. Your post is not going to a TA Office or being dealt with by TA Staff. Only volunteers.

Generally, you want to post a new question by clicking on the "Ask a question" button just above your avatar or below the reply box.

As for your review issue, this phrase "reviews without a substantive account of the traveler's experience" can sometimes mean that your review was written in the style of a travel brochure, without enough personal experience in it. In other words, 3rd person descriptive rather than 1st person narrative. Or the lack of acceptance could have been a mistake on the part of TA Staff.

Reviews only have to meet guidelines, positive/negative play no part in the acceptance/rejection of a review submission. The guidelines for writing reviews are here:

…custhelp.com/app/…3D

You could either look at the guidelines against the wording/style in your review, or you could post your review here for a look see. Perhaps regulars on this forum could see any potential problems.

Edited: 16 February 2013, 02:44
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

Re: Brief reviews.

Tripadvisor accepts reviews of a minimum 100 characters for attractions and restaurants, and a minimum of 200 for accommodations.

Silvia

10. Re: No Reponse from Trip Advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:16