We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Reviews in Corralejo, Fuerteventura

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
234 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Reviews in Corralejo, Fuerteventura

The Restaurant ratings seem to not be at all reflective of which are the best and worst restaurants in this place - there seems to be some 'rigging' going on !!

I have been going to Corralejo for 20+ years and going out every other night or more, I have a pretty good feel for which are good or not good restraurants and i have to say that virtually all the ones in your top 10, I wouldn't go near with a barge pole !! and it seems when you go to them everyone else thinks so also as they are generally empty and have English owners trying desperately to get people to come in and eat!

The top restaurants in your list are very british focused (#1 is a scottish/english restaurant, others classed as 'international are basically english food also and there are hardly any restaurants providing 'local' (i.e. fish / canarian) food!!

Having travelled continuously and used Tripadvisor very successfully in other places / countries (e.g. Portugal and South Africa), this seems very unusual and indicates something is going wrong (false voting etc.)

I really suggest something is done about it, otherwise it undermines the purpose of the site.

1. Re: Restaurant Reviews in Corralejo, Fuerteventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 12:35
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Reviews in Corralejo, Fuerteventura

Mark, the TripAdvisor ranking is a popularity index rather than a quality index of the "best" and "worst". For example if a cheap cafe-style eatery is popular with reviewers then it may well end up ranked higher than a fine-dining restaurant that doesn't meet reviewers' expectations.

I see you haven't yet reviewed any restaurants in Correlejo. The best way to "do something about it" is to review some of these! If you leave positive reviews for restaurants you've enjoyed then this will help then climb the rankings. If some of the restaurants you enjoy aren't yet on TripAdvisor, get them listed so people can leave reviews. Simply click the green Write a Review box in the top-right hand corner to get started.

You can also report specific reviews if you believe any are suspicious by clicking "Problem with this review" underneath them.

3. Re: Restaurant Reviews in Corralejo, Fuerteventura

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 12:35
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Reviews in Corralejo, Fuerteventura

I travelled to both Tenerife and Lanzarote last year and I have to say, the tourists in the Canary Islands are overwhelmingly British and of the type who only want to eat what they know - they are travelling for the sun and warmth and not to have a cultural experience. I was not surprised that the best restaurants were of the fish and chips variety. On the other hand, I did go to a handful of restaurants which were not frequently reviewed but better quality and the TA reviews reflected the quality.

In summary, I don't think that reviews are being rigged - the TA reviews are just a reflection of the main group of tourists in the area.

5. Re: Restaurant Reviews in Corralejo, Fuerteventura

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 07:17