We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravaning -grey nomads

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Topic
Caravaning -grey nomads

I like to place reviews on caravan parks in Australia as we are grey nomads travelling around this beautiful land of ours. Most of the time I find it most difficult to place the review as it seems tripadviser can't find the caravan park so they say! This information is most helpful to other travelers doing the same as us. We have come across several parks never to be visited again, we pay for our stay so we expect to get clean and tidy parks. Believe me some are not what they seem! There are several other sites to post our review but I find tripadviser is the used the most with our generation of nomads as it is user friendly. Please add caravan parks to your travel accommadation it will be most helpful to us all.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravaning -grey nomads

You can already review caravan parks. They are under specialty accommodations. Many of the business Listings here are submitted by members like you and me. So if you don't see a park you want to review, you'll need to request it be added.

However, it seems there aren't many caravan park /campground users who also use TripAdvisor. Which may be the tap you don't already find many already listed.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,585 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravaning -grey nomads

This recent thread has more information about how to find & add campgrounds / RV parks / caravan parks to TripAdvisor:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k6487229-…

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,637 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravaning -grey nomads

Hi Chook494 and welcome to the forums. TripAdvisor has come a long way from the early years and now recognizes RV parks, caravan parks and campgrounds as places to stay!

A caravan park must be listed before you can review it. To start, go to your home page and click on Write a Review, located on the right side of the top green band.

Then you would click on Hotel. Enter the park's name, then click Search. If it says "No results matched your search term", then scroll down and click on the blue " Tell us more about it" link.

That should take you to a page that looks like this:

www.tripadvisor.com/ListingRequest…

Use the drop down box to locate caravan park or campground or similar.

Then fill in the information as best you can. In the empty box at the bottom of the page, include any other internet listings for the park, phone number, etc. It may take up to several weeks for TripAdvisor to list it, and they may NOT notify you by email when they do!

So keep track of the parks you add and check back on the city listing every so often. You'll find caravan parks under the top grey tab called "Specialty Lodging".

Here is an example not too far from you:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g495004-North_Stradbr…

If you click on that blue link above, then click on the grey tab that says Specialty Lodging (10), you'll find a couple of campgrounds.

Thanks for enquiring and adding to TA's camping and RV database!

4. Re: Caravaning -grey nomads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:18