We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highlighted posts

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,969 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Highlighted posts

Hi, I have only just found this forum so apologies if this question has already been asked. When I read/reply to posts those posts will come up in purple on the screen. They always used to stay purple making it easy to see whic ones I had looked at/answered. Now it seems as if they are no longer staying hightlighted which I am finding very annoying. Is this just a glitch with my pc or is it something TA are doing? Any replies would be very helpful. Thanks.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,489 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highlighted posts

Happens to me occasionally. It's not TA, it's your computer. Clear out all your cookies; that does it for me.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highlighted posts

This is determined by your browser/browser setting (history, cookies, etc). The link colors are changed indicating they are links you've visited.

I know clearing your browser history and/or cookies can impact this and also think whether you're logged into TA or not can impact it too.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highlighted posts

Hi Traveller from UK,

This issue has been discussed a few times on the Support Forum (for site issues, technical problems, bug, etc.). While there was a bug that got fixed awhile ago, I haven't been hearing about this for awhile other than the occasional post. Anyway, here's the thread:

tripadvisor.ca/…47707625

Regards,

L4

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,969 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highlighted posts

Thanks very much for your replies.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,969 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highlighted posts

Just realised I cleared my browser history twice last week, so that could be it!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,217 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Highlighted posts

Yes, it could!

Also, if you are switching between the UK version of TA (tripadvisor.co.uk) and the US version (tripadvisor.com), you'll find that any links that you visited on one version are not highlighted on the other version, and vice versa.

If you are clearing your browser history often, you might consider Firefox; it has a feature which allows you to specify how much browser history you are clearing (last hour, last two hours, last 4 hours, today). Internet Explorer, on the other hand, will only let you clear your entire browser history, which is usually a bit excessive.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,969 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highlighted posts

Thanks for the suggestion Country_Wife. As you've probably guessed, I'm not that great with computers!

Edited: 02 June 2013, 09:13
8. Re: Highlighted posts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:16