We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

The new "pop ups" and "jumped coupons" are totally annoying.

How can we stop them?

It is so annoying, I'm afraid I'll have to stop using TA if won't be able to stop those adds.

Thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

Have you tried using a pop-up blocker?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

What are "jumped coupons"? I haven't seen any new pop ups. Are you using IE?

Silvia

Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

Pop ups are Special Hotel Deals shows up (bottom right corner…) every time you click any TA page.

Same with coupons.

Silvia, is IE means Internet Explorer…? If so, I'm using GC (Google Chrome)

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,442 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

I'm on Apple stuff, and my version of Safari will not stop the TA "pop-unders" ... it is set to stop "pop-ups", and usually does.

The TA pop-unders have been a "fact-of-life" for a good long while -- they're annoying, and at times, very bothersome, as they can "kick-me-off" my WiFi connection, if they come "up" (more like "down") when I'm attempting some actions on other websites.

I've learned to live with this from TA, and have bitten my tongue many a time. It goes on and on ... write a review, get a pop-under asking for more, or ratings!!

The beat goes on ... and on ....

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

Thanks, Sam. I've seen those many times and for a long time. Those are slide in messages. I was actually looking for a new pop-up. I don't even see them any more even though they are there. I guess with time I learned no to pay attention.

Anyhow, you didn't say what "jumped coupons" are.

Silvia

Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

Thanks Johnny! Guess i'll have to live with it...

Silvia - Coupons looks almost the same as the adds. Popping up almost at the same time, offering some discounts or so. Never stopped to read them.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

Thanks, Sam. I never get any coupon windows.

I too use Safari on Apple. I don't have problems with pop-unders or pop-ups with Safari's pop-up blocker. The pop-unders show up only when I signed off TA and sign back on. Since I hardly ever sign off, I don't see them at all. The only one ad I see is that slide on window with a recommendation for a different hotel when reading reviews of another.

Silvia

Edited: 02 July 2013, 19:07
8. Re: new pop ups and jumped coupons on TA pages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18