We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Incredibly unique" hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
"Incredibly unique" hotels

In today's e-mail member update from TripAdvisor, I received a link to a list of "incredibly unique" hotels. "Unique" can't be qualified: A hotel or anything else for that matter either is or is not unique. Perhaps TA meant to say "incredibly rare hotels" or "incredibly unusual hotels" or something like that. But not "incredibly unique."

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Incredibly unique" hotels

Perhaps TA meant "incredible unique hotels". I avoid correcting other peoples' grammatical and spelling errors, particularly when they're just one character away from a possible correct answer.

I think you'll enjoy this short essay by Stephen Fry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Incredibly unique" hotels

Of course the literal meaning of incredible is the something that is not credible, impossible, unbelievable (and not as it is more frequently used as a synonym for amazingly good or wonderful, this is actually an informal usage/definition).

Thus, maybe TA really meant was trying to say something along the lines of "it is not believable that this hotel is unique" - any takers? ;-)

hlo

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Incredibly unique" hotels

I was under the impression they were hotels featured in the movie, "The Incredibles".

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,777 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Incredibly unique" hotels

I have just received the e_mail and think that the accommodations listed are all incredible and unique in their own way

tripadvisor.co.uk/InfoCenter-a_ctr.incredibl…

Edited: 26 July 2013, 13:47
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,384 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Incredibly unique" hotels

TripAdvisor + 'overanalyzing' does not = a happy relationship ;-)

6. Re: "Incredibly unique" hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 06:19