We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more app suggestion

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
One more app suggestion

Would it be possible to include a "view full site" link on the app? Many mobile websites have this option, as the understanding is that the mobile versions will be simpler and limited in scope, like the app in this case. Couple that with some of the recent changes and/or glitches in the new version of the app, I'd like to be able to navigate directly to the full site if I choose. Ideally, the app issues get solved regardless, but I would still like to see this feature added so that I could attempt to use some of the full site features if 1) the app doesn't provide it and 2) I'm not near a real computer.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more app suggestion

That would be a great idea. In the old version of the app, this option existed but was buried inside the app. (Most apps that have the option have it right on the home screen.) However, if the option still exists in the updated app, I'll be darned if I can find it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more app suggestion

After it was explained to me, I could find the link to the full site in the previous app but I can't find it in the current app either. +1 on "I'll be darned" :-)

Regards,

L4

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more app suggestion

You guys are one step ahead of me. I never found the bleeping thing on the old app, either.

Save Reply
4. Re: One more app suggestion

Please give us the option of using the full website. The app may be just great for a phone, but it's an exercise in frustration for tablet users. It's constantly flipping from portrait to landscape mode with no apparent reason. And today I couldn't continue a booking because it insisted a field was empty. I'm usung a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I'll check back in a week to see if anything has changed. I'd rather use Tripadvisor, but not like this.

5. Re: One more app suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 06:19