We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

removal of submitted reviews

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
removal of submitted reviews

I just see that both my reviews have been removed.  As for this I will not review anything in the future. I regret to see this happening and find it unacceptable. This proves that all reviews are not trust worthy.  I was trying to review this seriously.  Kind regards Oskar Schwitter

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: removal of submitted reviews

Did you bother to contact TA to find out why they were removed? It usually has something to do with violating the guidelines in some way.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,165 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: removal of submitted reviews

Hi Oskar ~

There is always a reason that makes some sense when you know it. It may be that you did not reply to an email asking you to confirm that you wrote the reviews. It may be that you somehow violated the guidelines for review content. It may be that you made mention of comments in other reviews.

You can contact TA via the following link. Make sure you are signed in:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

From the first drop down, choose > Status of my Review

From the second drop down, choose > Not listed.

TA will look at the reviews that got removed and get back to you in 3-5 business days.

You could also post your reviews here on this thread, where experienced posters might lend a hand to find the problem area.

The guidelines for writing reviews are here. Maybe you could see the problem once you have read them.

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/534

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: removal of submitted reviews

"I just see that both my reviews have been removed."

I'm seeing two reviews under your profile name. Are you asking about different reviews or perhaps there was a blip and the two have returned.

Just to let you know, Oskar, there's a Support Forum where you're welcome to ask questions about using the site and technical issues:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Regards,

L4

Edited: 18 October 2013, 03:10
4. Re: removal of submitted reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:19