We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,080 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

I really enjoy posting reviews of new restaurants and hotels I visit, but now rarely do so. The reason being, if TA does not have previous information on the location, they ask for details and promise to get back with you when you can post the review. Problem is, I go to the trouble of giving address, website, facebook, etc. and never hear back from TA. And often these are well known local places and not some obscure little operation.

I hope TA will do something about this problem. I have mentioned it previously but nothing happened.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,396 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

Hello,

I have asked for new hotels to be listed quite often for Singapore, and sometimes don't get an email saying "the listing is ready now, please write a review". I just do a search a couple of weeks after I sent them details and often the listing is there waiting for its first review.

It would be nice to be advised when you have taken the time and effort to request a new listing.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,233 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

RobertSDF, I have added hundreds of new properties to TA.

The "non-notification" is an ongoing problem :-(

Recently, it seems to have improved a bit. The last few properties I submitted to add (within the last month) , I did get an email notification from TA staff that they were listed.

Be sure TA has your current email address and notifications are not getting sidelined into your spam box.

Check the location listings to see if the properties you submitted have been added. It seems to take longer in non-English speaking countries, but they should be up within 3 weeks or less.

Edited: 03 November 2013, 21:32
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

Small changes like fixing this long standing bug would make TA so much easier to use and not antagonize users which many of their more grandiose 'improvement' schemes do.

Edited: 03 November 2013, 21:46
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,080 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

In the past, I had been notified when a new listing was ready. But never seems to happen now. Really, if TA wants to make it so difficult, I will not review. Easy enough.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,763 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

I requested a new listing on Sunday for an attraction. I added all the relevant detail and have just looked this afternoon and it is now listed. Just like others I haven't received a notification saying the attraction has been added.

6. Re: Almost Given Up on Posting Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19