We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

removal of reviews

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
4 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
removal of reviews

I wrote an honest but negative review of the H10 Gran Tenerife. It was on site for some days with a response from management. it was then taken off but I cannot see where the original breached the guidelines on posting reviews. I have now resubmitted it with a few changes and its now back on but I do think if Trip Advisor are going to take reviews down they should tell the reviewers what the actual problem is instead of saying look at the guidelines. Anyone else agree ?

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: removal of reviews

I think we all pretty much agree with that Kentish......many have been saying this for years........When a review (especially a negative one) is removed without informing the writer of the reason, it just leaves every thing wide open the speculation that the system is somehow rigged......far better for the integrity of the website to communicate it in the first place, in my opinion.....

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: removal of reviews

Totally agree. Trip Advisor keep removing honest, negative reviews that I have written about Metropolitan Express, Int Drive, Orlando.

They do give me reasons but each time it is a different silly excuse.

First time it was because my review was prior to a holiday but related to a very rude sales person at the hotel.

Second time I pasted the very rude emails from the hotel and these were refused as well.

There is no way of emailing Trip Advisor direct, their emails are No Response emails. There should be a contact page to get in touch with them directly with an email address for this.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: removal of reviews

>>There is no way of emailing Trip Advisor direct<<

There IS a direct way of contacting TripAdvisor Review Staff.

www.TripAdvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Follow the drop down menus to your topic. You'll get the right TA department and can have a conversation.

============

Kentish & Debra R

If you violate the posting guidelines, then your review might be removed. If you want help from other members who are used to reading a variety of reviews and who are talented at spotting violations, post on the Support Forum. Share the text of your review so that those members can help. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Durham
Level Contributor
7 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: removal of reviews

I agree. Lat weekend there was an event in Durham UK, Lumiere 2013, which received a lot of poor reviews. These have been systematically taken down, including my own. Of the ones I saw before they were removed I cannot see how any breached guidelines. This is most disappointing. I think that Tripadvisor should explain specifically why they are removing individual reviews.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: removal of reviews

Why not ask them why yours was deleted

There is no sinister plot going on

Edited: 18 November 2013, 23:26
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,552 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: removal of reviews

Hi golferDurham;

Was your review a forum post, such this closed thread on the Durham forum ?

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g190832-i2244-k6991…

Best Regards

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: removal of reviews

Totally agree

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: removal of reviews

I find it very hard to get though to them, they do not make it easy.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,374 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: removal of reviews

I have just realised that I have had a review removed. I wrote another on the same place as I was there recently and couldn´t quite remember whether I was within the timescale to send a new review or not. This was when I realised that my original had been removed even though it was published for at least 2 months (as I had recommended via links). It wasn´t negative, in fact it was exceptionally positive but I think because I did not spend an overnighter there only a full day and evening, someone felt it was not relevant although I did include photos of the accommodation as well as the rest of the complex.

If a review has originally passed TA guidelines for publication then removed I can only assume that this is because the 'community' complain and that can be down to many reasons sometimes just pettiness. Will I ask TA why mine has gone? No it is the members who have lost by not being able to see images of what a place is really like. Will I submit more reviews, well I have just sent 1 but perhaps that will be the end.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: removal of reviews

Debra ~ >>I find it very hard to get though to them, they do not make it easy.<<

But it couldn't be easier. Open the contact forum, fill in the text box, and send it off.