We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heavy handed deletions on Texas Forum.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,928 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Heavy handed deletions on Texas Forum.

I posted a website address to help foreign visitors get their sales tax refund..deleted! I have no connection..My 3900 postings would have shown this. It was simply info i found while answering a question

Another new poster asked how to do a review of a new restaurant ..closed topic. I posted a link to how he could do this so there was no need to close the topic and appear so unfriendly

If you want to eliminate some bad posts stop all the spam posts on the Alabama Forum. Now that would be a help!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
65,420 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heavy handed deletions on Texas Forum.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that some members are "reporting inappropriate content." Maybe it's malicious, maybe the members are misinformed about forum guidelines, maybe they think this is fun. Whatever. Just ask TripAdvisor_Staff to look at your removed post and to reinstate it. Ask them to look at the "how to write a review" thread and perhaps reinstate it.

- Forums, Private Messages, and Traveler Articles

- Help Using the Forums

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,267 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heavy handed deletions on Texas Forum.

You have been on these forums long enough to know that you are not talking to TA, you are talking to other members. So, not sure who you mean by "you".

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,507 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heavy handed deletions on Texas Forum.

TripAdvisor staff does read this forum, or at least they used to ;-)

4. Re: Heavy handed deletions on Texas Forum.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor