We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments to reviews

everywhere
2 posts
Save Topic
Comments to reviews

Either a way to make a short comment related to existing reviews, or maybe a forum for the voice of all the employees referred to. Give the people a voice!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,536 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments to reviews

Hi

Quick question - are you are user or a property owner???

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments to reviews

The owner can answer, and some hotel reply at EVERY reviews with the same useless long text..

It's enough for me...

everywhere
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments to reviews

employee, the impetus for the post.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,536 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments to reviews

It that case as has been said the appropriate person with the company you work for can add what is called a Management Reply to the review

Some do and some do not and some are better at it than others

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,221 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comments to reviews

Talk to your manager / owner about posting a Management Response.

So Cal
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comments to reviews

Just we need: More hotel responses that are three times as long as the reviews to which they're responding. :-\

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Comments to reviews

As a hotel manager, I would caution you against responding to guest feedback on your own, especially without the knowledge of your management. Not sure if your place of employment has a policy regarding social media, but I had included a provision in my employee handbook that if an employee represents the hotel in a bad light by arguing with guests or causing a disturbance in representation of the hotel on a social media network, that they subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. As stated before, you need to consult with your management team at your place of employment.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,137 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comments to reviews

Very well stated Joshua.

Hotel groups invest hundreds and thousands on PR consultants and other forms of spin doctors. The last thing the executive management would want, is a bunch of employees on a free for all responding to guest reviews - anonymous or not.

And Joshua is very correct. Unauthorized responses could very well lead to severe reprimands, and quite possibly dismissal.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comments to reviews

As someone who's worked in both hotels and restaurants, I don't know why any employee would want any part of writing responses on TA or any other review site. The aggravation can't possibly be worth getting into an online battle with customers. The nice part about that kind of gig is that it doesn't follow you home. You punch out, you're done. Besides, think how long a single review column would be. You have the heading, the body of the review, the management response, AND an employee response. I can't see what good could possibly come out of a waiter or cashier or whoever writing an "employee response."

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,137 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Comments to reviews

You're absolutely right EC, but it would make for one seriously amusing reading.