We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of hotels not listed?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews of hotels not listed?

Theese questions has likely been asked before, but I must ask it again. I am a very experienced user of TA. I have many reviews of hotels/restaurants around the globe posted here. You are making a living out of us posters. Sometime I stumble over a place to stay that is not listed.

If it is ecpecially good or bad, I want to post a review. I always get transferred to a page where I have to write the address details etc. I do that as good as I can, and your answer is that We will get back to you. NEVER had any feedback. I don't understand why.

I am clearly not (read my reviews) one who makes money of my reviews,

Some questions regarding this:

1. Do a hotel/guesthouse/restaurant have to register themselves before we can post a review?

2. What information do you need before you list a business?

3. Where do you send an answer when someone tries to get a unlisted hotel/guesthouse/restaurant listed. (NOT when you are involved in the business).

I have to say that I am a little bit angry since I have tried this a couple of times on a couple of different places that I have stayed without feedback.

An email or a message on this site would be nice....

You have a brilliant site that I have used many times, but without the help from us who contributes, you would have no business at all.

Regards Sihanoukville

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,780 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews of hotels not listed?

Hello, TripAdvisor depends upon members to add properties. However, you may not get an email back from them telling you the property has been listed. This is a bad glitch in the TA system!

I have added many properties and almost never get an email back from TA staff. If the property is not eligible though, they will send you a notice that they cannot list it.

Go to the town & hotel listing and check on the bottom or the last page to see if the properties you tried to add are already there. I bet they are!

2. Re: Reviews of hotels not listed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:16