We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help navigating the forum

dungog
Level Contributor
138 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
help navigating the forum

how do i get from the home page to asking a question in a specific forum ? i am not very computer savvy and am having trouble finding my way around here. when i open the home page i cant work out how to get to ask a question . i know ! i am old and slow , but i never used to have this trouble when i first joined . i cant find an "ask a question " box, to a specific forum. in fact, i am nor sure how i found my way here ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help navigating the forum

Hi kaye,

First, I'd suggest bookmarking the Support Forum page. If you have any questions about how to use TripAdvisor or technical questions, there are many members there who can help you. For future reference, here's the link:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Here's the forums home page:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ForumHome

If you go to the "ForumHome" link above, on the right you can click and see the list of non-destination forums. On the left you'll see destination forums. Do note that within the destination forums are many sub-forums which are links you can click on.

Here's an easy way to find a forum: if you want to find the Paris Forum, type Paris Forum in the search box upper right.

The destination forums have members knowledgeable about that particular destination and therefore most likely to be able to assist you. If you want to ask a question on the forum, do as you did here and click on the orange Ask a question button. You have to be in the forum that you want first, before you can ask a question.

Please feel welcome to ask us on the Support Forum if you're having trouble finding your way around, etc.

Regards,

L4

Edited: 06 January 2014, 01:42
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,555 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help navigating the forum

As Lucky says you may be reading a thread on a forum and want to go straight to "ask a question" from there. You need to look well below the reply box to find the "ask a question" button.

When you are looking at a forum's main page with the list of topics cascading down the page, the "ask a question" button is just above the list over the page number boxes.

dungog
Level Contributor
138 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help navigating the forum

thank you

4. Re: help navigating the forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 06:18