We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong photograph.

Wrong photograph.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 21:11
USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong photograph.

Welcome to the forum, Oncebitten. TripAdvisor staff reads these threads, but rarely take a moment to respond or act on comments. Almost all assistance comes from your fellow members.

The management photo is a "Photo from around the world", a constant annoyance to me. I don't know where they come from, but inaccuracies abound. Some users are still willing to correct a "Photo from the around the world" by clicking the "report as inappropriate" link at the bottom right of the offending photo.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong photograph.

I think they come from Google Images. Even when I've no idea which is the correct location for these mis-placed photos, I can often find the original photo source by searching the name on Google Images and can therefore usually identify the correct location. Once reported, TripAdvisor will just remove it fairly quickly but won't relocate the photo so it doesn't matter if you don't know the correct location.

This issue comes up regularly on both this forum and the TripAdvisor Support forum. See this topic from a couple of weeks ago:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k70591…

Edited: 06 January 2014, 18:36
3. Re: Wrong photograph.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 21:11
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong photograph.

The stupid "photo from around the world" is now gone :-)

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong photograph.

Just saw a real beaut of a "Photo from around the world", a little taco joint portrayed as if it had a big, carpeted banquet room with tables set up for a formal dinner with chairs in white, formal covers.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrong photograph.

Add the beer Photo from around the world that is attached to a coffee house. Irresponsible.

7. Re: Wrong photograph.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 06:23