We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for accommodation

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Searching for accommodation

Hi there

It would really help if, in the search engine, we could also search for number of bathrooms and not just number of bedrooms. For those of us travelling with people who prefer their own bathroom, it would save substantial time. No-one does it, either!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for accommodation

Hi,

It's an standard international practice with hotels to not list the number of bathrooms, as the default is one. They will however, make a point of stating that a particular room will have a second or more bathrooms or a seperate toilet, IF it were the case.

Another reason for this is that when they provide descriptors; A) they don't want the bathroom to be a focal point, B) they have limited space in their descriptor and they don't want to be using up character space talking about the bathroom, C) again the default number is one bathroom.

The one thing that is not always consistent, is whether the bathroom has a standalone shower, or a shower over the bathtub.

Edited: 14 January 2014, 08:59
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for accommodation

That seems time consuming for the TripAdvisor team and there are a few issues with the idea as KVE1005 pointed out. Although it would be a handy accessory for some travelers. I suggest if you see a hotel that interests you, go on to the actual website of the establishment and usually the more pricey rooms would be most likely to contain a second bathroom and if they do not then no other rooms on the website will. I hope that helps but it may only work for me because I enjoy viewing hotel room images.

3. Re: Searching for accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:17