We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post photo from Facebook to TA?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5 posts
234 reviews
Post photo from Facebook to TA?

Hey,

When I make my reviews or add previous trips to trip advisor I'm noticing that in order to post a photo to trip advisor I need to have the photo ready to upload. Normally I would need to download the photo from Facebook to computer then post to TA. There may be a profile option already, my apologies if missed it, but why isn't there a simpler way for a Facebook linked account to TA to just be able to choose and upload photos directly from their Facebook account. Seems pretty simple, we already share the info with Facebook, why not make it simpler to upload photos by using our Facebook accounts?

The reason I haven't posted photos for any of my reviews is because I usually review when I'm waiting or killing time somewhere. Te majority of reviews come while I'm browsing through TA and notice a link to someplace and i start to thinking, "oh I've been there, i will write a quick review." Then I only realize i don't have any photos on the hard drive of the device I'm using at the time, but if I could access my Facebook account and do an extra step involving hitting an Agree button to upload directly from there, problem solved.

I dunno maybe this extists and I don't know about it, but it sure seems like the logical thing to do for linked FB and TA accounts. Right?

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Post photo from Facebook to TA?

I know TA used to get FB photos because there were some bizarre ones, someone's grandpa's backyard, an embassy, various beaches with absolutely no identification, a private dinner party listed under restaurants. The beaches appeared against a destination which is well inland and certainly has no views like that. I could only guess that people took those pictures during the journey and labelled them with the 'name' of the holiday they went on. That might be fine on a personal level when they look at the pics and remember they drove past those places on the way to that destination. But it is absolutely useless for other people researching a trip to see pictures of beaches and ocean waves and Norfolk Island pines which are not part of the landscape of the place in the title, it doesn't make sense and it is not relevant. So I am not keen on any FB TA links unless the potential problems are sorted out.

If what you mean is something for a member to do with individual specifically labelled photos that are genuinely relevant to a specific destination and a review then that would be fine. If it would make it easier for some people to do it via FB then good idea, I can't see a problem with that.

2. Re: Post photo from Facebook to TA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:18