We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Correct a post

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Correct a post

I have had a request from a property owner to make a correction to one of my reviews that has been published. How can i do this? Many thanks.

Marilyn

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,289 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Correct a post

Hi Marilyn50

You are given a 5 minute window to edit a forum post, but you cannot edit a property/attraction review.

If it's important to you to make the correction, first make a copy of the review for your records. Then ask TA_Staff to remove the review. www.TripAdvisor.com/UserReviewSupport After it has been removed from the website, submit the corrected review (perhaps using the original review that you saved as a template for the new one.)

If you have other questions about how to use some of TripAdvisor's features, the Support Forum is usually the best place to ask. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi… The Top Questions on that forum may have ideas to help you.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,618 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Correct a post

Hello,

What does the owner want you to correct? If they have an issue with your review or want to clarify anything they can write a Management Response which will appear under your review. I would not change anything I had written, and if an owner contacted me I would report them to TA.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,526 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Correct a post

Your review is a snapshot of your stay AT THE TIME.

Property owners are not supposed to contact Reviewers "period" for whatever reason, but you decide if you want to report them or not....

If they are asking you to change something, because they have made amends to you now that they have seen your review, they are too late.

It is your choice, though...

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Correct a post

Sincere thanks for your help.

Cheers

M

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Correct a post

Once submitted reviews can't be edited.

You have 2 options:

1. Leave as is

2. Ask TA staff to remove your review - www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

When your review has been removed you can submit a revised version.

Remember to take a copy of the review before you ask for it to be removed.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Correct a post

Many thanks for your help.

M

7. Re: Correct a post

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions