We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

Pleasant Hills
Level Contributor
4 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
"Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

After selecting the buttom for "Attraction," the page goes nowhere. I could have done five more of south Florida and cruise destinations, but the link does not work. You might want to check it out.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

Hi, you have not reached TA staff, you're on a forum. Can you provide a link to which page you are using?

If you are on the main "Write a Review" page, when you click on the Attraction, you should see a box that says "Enter attraction name and city".

You can also search for the places you visited by town name. For example, if you want to review an attraction that you visited in Key West, enter- Key West, Florida -in the search box at the top right of most TA pages, then look under Things to Do, and Attractions or Activities.

Pleasant Hills
Level Contributor
4 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

OK, here's a quick cut-and-paste. When I indicate "attraction" nothing happens, nothing changes, nothing.

Get Started...

Review a hotel, vacation rental, restaurant or attraction you visited.

What would you like to review?

Hotel

Vacation Rental

Attraction

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

Clicking attraction should open a form. This problem may be related to the "Unplanned site maintenance" this afternoon: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7201705…

Try now and see what happens. I am just a fellow member making a guess. TripAdvisor staff rarely deign to respond on this forum, but a fellow member may be along in a moment to suggest that the Support Forum is the proper place for this question.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,591 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

It wasn't working before, but I just tried and it's working now. Lots of glitches happening in past 24 hours, but should all be OK now.

Pleasant Hills
Level Contributor
4 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

After I click on "Write a Review" and get to the "Get started" page.....it goes nowhere. Clicking "attraction" opens nothing.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,591 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

That's strange. When I go to Write a Review and click on "attraction" a search box comes up and above it is "enter attraction name" and there is a Search button to click on.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

Works fine for me too. I'm on .com

Hus4154, are you using something other than a desktop pc? I know there are glitches doing stuff on the phone app.

Pleasant Hills
Level Contributor
4 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

I am using Vista.....had a hard drive replaced and am not real pleased with Vista.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

Have you tried with a different browser? Sometimes there can be a third party add-on issue in your browser/script is being blocked (sorry, I'm not too techie). Hoogo's right; in the future, if you have technical issues/need help with the site, there's the Support Forum but as you've started this thread, I wouldn't suggest starting another one on the Support Forum for this issue.

Fur future reference:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Regards,

L4

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Write a Review" button takes you nowhere

And I'm a real technodolt, L4 ;-)

Wish some of the more computer-savvy posters would pop in. They always suggest clearing cookies and caches(?). Have you tried that?