We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wrong name on my reviews !!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
wrong name on my reviews !!!

I have posted a number of reviews on TripAdvisor, over the last three or four years. All have been posted under my own name (b.cundari, Toronto) until the last one (Club Covarrubias, Holguin), which was unaccountably posted under my daughter`s name (Jane Ferriss). Just for curiosity, I looked back over all my other reviews, and find that they have ALL been changed into her name (she has never been to ANY of these places!). WHAT IS HAPPENING ?!!!! Hope someone can straighten this out, or will not be posting again !! The emails notifying me that my reviews have been posted are all addressed to me at my own email address, so presumably someone there does know who I am, but despite my having contacted TripAdvisor, no changes have been made !! HELP!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

Hi

When I look at your reviews I see the reviewer name of "bcundari" which would indicate it is a Facebook issue with two accounts linking

Does your daughter have a Facebook account and does she use the PC you are using

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

Go to https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Settings-cpf and Disconnect your TA account from Facebook and also uncheck the options to allow Facebook friends seeing your (daughters) name and photo

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,530 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

Hi bcundari;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Connecting your TA account with your FaceBook account is a result of FB's "Instant Personalization" feature.

To disconnect from Facebook while using TripAdvisor, you will need to adjust your settings on Facebook;

• In your Facebook Account, click on the “gear / wheel” icon in the top right corner to get to your “Settings”.

• On the left column menu on the new page that opens, click on “Apps”.

• On that page, look at the centre column for “Instant Personalization” and click on “Edit”.

• You can turn “Instant Personalization” off completely, or just off for TripAdvisor.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

Thanks SO MUCH for your advice...that seems to have worked, and I now have my own name attached to my reviews again.......still has my daughter`s picture, but we`ll work on that. I think she may have to something on her facebook page. anyway, thanks again for taking the time to help !!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

Thanks so much for your very helpful advice....much appreciated !!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,530 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

You're Welcome !

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

The avatar I see on TA is a lady wearing a red top is that you or your daughter

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

Best chat up line I have read on TA for years

(-:

(-:

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

That is my (much prettier!) daughter! (Honesty is the best policy !! lol)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wrong name on my reviews !!!

Heavens !!!! Not sure I even remember HOW to ``chat up`` !!! (I`m 71 !) Thanks anyway !!