We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goodbye!!!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Goodbye!!!

I've been a user and supporter of Travel Advisor for years, but I guess they no longer want or value my inputs....

- 2 weeks ago I made and submitted a new video about the Grand Teton National Park. I received the usual message about being able to see it shortly in my list of contributions. I have over 20 video on Trip Advisor and they tend to get high levels of views and positive comments. I got a notification that my new one was under review... for over two weeks now!!!

- Almost 8 years ago I filled out and submitted a form to become a Trip Advisor affiliate, as my website gets thousands of views a day... I never received a response.

With little to no responses I assume Trip Advisor either has major issues or doesn't want or need my support... I'm in the middle of an overall review of my website and will trip remove the inks to Trip Advisor. Look for my travel related videos on vimeo.

PapaJohn

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goodbye!!!

How did you try to contact TA about the video? Did you use the Help Center? Perhaps the Owner's Forum since it seems like you're an owner of some kind?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,906 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goodbye!!!

Hi PapaJohn,

I'm not sure if you have a question or just wanted to make a statement. In any case, it looks like you need to also blame Commission Junction for the lack of response to your affiliate request.

From the FAQs: "TripAdvisor has partnered with Commission Junction (CJ) to provide our affiliates with a comprehensive, easy to use affiliate program. In order to join our program you must already be a CJ publisher or become a CJ publisher." http://www.tripadvisor.com/Affiliates

As to your videos, all videos are reviewed by Tripadvisor Staff, and at times, it takes well over two weeks. The shortest time I've seen videos posted is 7-10 days.

Are you wanting to close your Tripadvisor account too? If you do, here's how:

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200615117-How-do-I…

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goodbye!!!

I didn't contact anyone about the video.... the upload went fine and the routine process should take care of it without me having to do anything.

If it routinely takes weeks to do the review, the immediate feedback should indicate it so the submitter doesn't have to keep looking for it.

Thanks for the response

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goodbye!!!

Thanks.... yes, I'm just making a statement. My website is www.papajohn.org, devoted to helping those using Windows Movie Maker to make videos. For years I've been encouraging users to put videos on Trip Advisor.... that's the only thing I'll change by dropping my encouragement and links.

No, I don't want to close my account and wipe out the reviews and videos I already have online. I routinely get emails from Trip Advisor suggesting I do more.... that's what nudged me to making this new one. I typically have to make another lower quality video to meet Trip Advisor requirements,

Edited: 24 February 2014, 20:34
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,095 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goodbye!!!

I try to take the delays in life that I come across in stride, pretty much. Unless they are life threatening. TA ranks right up there with non life threatening. I'm not sure what difference even another week would make.

The following link to TA Staff is not exactly your issue, but it will get to the right department:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Then "choose one" and select > Reviews

Then choose > Questions about guidelines

A text box appears where you can write your concerns. They will reply to you in 3-5 business days. Your video will probably post up before then.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goodbye!!!

Thanks for the quick and good comments in this forum.... I searched for the most appropriate way to get my comment to Trip Advisor and ended up in this forum titled...

Help us make TripAdvisor better!

I can easily live with hours, days, weeks, months for a video to appear after uploading. My point is a better Trip Advisor is one that reviews and posts them in a time frame that aligns with what they tell the submitters.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 02:35
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,243 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goodbye!!!

Hi

Just a thought

Have you considered uploading the videos onto a photo sharing website and posting a link to it in your review and any relevant forum posts

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,095 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goodbye!!!

>>My point is a better Trip Advisor is one that reviews and posts them in a time frame that aligns with what they tell the submitters.<<

Hear, hear.

USA
Level Contributor
7,017 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goodbye!!!

Which time frame? The published time frame of up to several days or the published time frame of several weeks?

Up to several days: …tripadvisor.com/articles/200614807-When-wil…

Several weeks: …tripadvisor.com/articles/200614817-Why-isn-…

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goodbye!!!

Neither of those hoogo...... uploading a video isn't doing a review. It's a different kind of contribution. The form you fill out with the info about the video doesn't provide any info (or link to info) about the time frame to expect. It's not until after the upload is finished that you get the first clue about it.

I don't want to upload another video now just to explain what time frame clues are provided afterwards.

I like how many acttve and positive posters there are in these forums.