We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

max 3 in a room can't be family friendly

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
max 3 in a room can't be family friendly

How can a hotel be family friendly if the max capacity every room is 3? I understand that people with older kids just get extra rooms but as a family of 4 we keep running into the same problem. It can be difficult to find hotels for 4 (or more) in Europe. Well over half of the top rated hotels listed under family friendly don't have room for families. There has got to be a way to search for rooms with more beds!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,435 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: max 3 in a room can't be family friendly

Have you tried booking.com? You can input the number of children and their ages. I have seen rooms offered there for four as I've searched several European cities for our trip.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 22:50
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,543 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: max 3 in a room can't be family friendly

Hi,

I can understand how they can be questioned in terms of family friendliness, but there are other reasons why a hotel could be labelled as family; such as facilities; kiddie pools, playground, children's menu, and so forth - it doesn't necessarily have to do with the rooms.

And the lack of larger size rooms in Europe is much do to with the history of the building, which may not permit renovations, and the maximum occupancy ratings provided by the local building/fire authorities.

A great suggestion has been provided above by BooKat to utilize reputable websites such as Booking.com, which permits the data input of actual number of adults and children, to filter suitable hotels and rooms. The other benefit of Booking.com, is that it's one of the few websites that specify the actual measurement of each room type.

In addition, a great way to get further information, is to post questions on the destination forums, so you can get feedback from the locals.

3. Re: max 3 in a room can't be family friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27