We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum Tab

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Forum Tab

Hi everyone

I know this has been talked to death, but, I've only just noticed this today - a Tripadvisor Forums tab at the top of the screen: http://s7.postimg.org/idnusmdu3/ta_forums.jpg

How long has that been there? BUT, more importantly, if it can be there whilst you're "IN" a Forum (which is in itself useful as a Forums Home link - especially if you're in the HUMTAB or SUPPORT Forum) then why can't it stay there for every page wherever you are in the site?

Food for thought peeps?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,550 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum Tab

The tab has been there for several months now

When you are on other forums you can get to the Home Page by clicking on the TA logo and the top LHS on the screen

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum Tab

Oh I know that FFM, but we've been campaigning for the FORUMS tab for years to be up there, and now it is - what I'm saying is if it can be there when you're in a Forum why can't it be there on the HOME page ???

Make it be visible by default on all pages :)

USA
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum Tab

I just posted this on another thread:

"It is not a forum tab. it is just redesigned bread crumbs on a green bar instead of the normal breadcrumbs in blue font. You only see the forum breadcrumbs when you are already on a forum."

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forum Tab

Hey Hoogs

It's a Forums Home tab, no? What other Forum tab were we all requesting for the top of the page then, if not not this one?

I thought this is what everyone wanted? Mind you, it's been a few years lol.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forum Tab

It is only there if you are already on a Forum page - it is not present on the TA home page or a destination page so is no clue that forums exist to someone who is new to TA and hasn't explored the More tab

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,550 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forum Tab

I would agree with hoogo that it is a breadcrumb rather than a tab

I still agree we need "Forums" Tab

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,575 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Forum Tab

You can see the breadcrumbs more clearly on a destination page. They simply spread out along the lower of the two thick green bars. The former look was blue print links with a > between. e.g. Home > Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver. These breadcrumbs are also present on the new lower thick bar as well but much harder to understand their function.

What we have been asking for is a tab to go in the upper bar with Hotels, Things to Do, Restaurants and More.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,793 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Forum Tab

I got excited thinking there was a forum tab, but sorry, MKB, that has been on the more tab for quite awhile. What mufti say's is what I'm hoping for and have been for a long time!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Forum Tab

Hey fishy, no, I'm not talking about the one on the More tab, i know that's been there for like ever, what i mean is the TripAdvisor Forums link (as per my screen grab in the OP) - why can't that be default on every page is all I am saying, then there's no need to have it tucked away underneath the More tab ;-)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,165 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Forum Tab

What you're saying, MKB, is "Why can't there be a Forums tab?". It has been asked a brazillian times before.