We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

I recently returned from New Zealand as can be seen from my reviews. I wanted to review one luxury ecolodge /B&B which is unlisted. I filed a request for listing and had the response "property doesn't meet our guidelines". So I contacted the owner who tells me he is frustrated because you won't list his property as it only has one bedroom. I see from your guidelines that B&Bs with only one room may be listed. It seems that you must reject requests by some automated process, as the rejection of this property that is luxurious with a very helpful host on site, and a comprehensive website, and various awards by authorities in New Zealand cannot have been reviewed by an assessor.

I have searched your website without success for a means of sending a free text email to the "company" or staff but I keep getting re-directed to a page with a series of proformas, none of which applies to what I want to say. I appreciate that with a large volume of emails you need to channel communications appropriately but I have resorted to using this forum as I can't find a simple " contact us for any other concern" system. I think that such a communication channel might help transparency. If you get swamped after a trial period, go back to being difficult to communicate with. If you really want the views of site users why make it difficult?

Perhaps I missed the correct link or button, but I have tried.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,950 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

Welcome to the Help Us Make Tripadvisor Better forum! This is a member-forum and not an effective way of communicating with Tripadvisor Staff. I'm just a member like you.

There is no way of sending a free-text email to Tripadvisor. The only support provided is via Help Center forms, or by other members in the Support Forum.

The B&B listing guidelines say:

"Note: We may, on a case-by-case basis allow B&Bs with only one room. To qualify, the accommodation must be locally licensed to operate as a B&B, and must be listed with local tourism organizations.?

Is this B&B licensed to operate as a B&B? Is it listed with local tourism organizations? If the answer is yes to both questions, then the owner should be able to submit his license to get a listing.

Silvia

2. Re: Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarised private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 13:31
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,950 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

First, you can communicate with Tripadvisor Staff using the webmail forms of the Help Center.

Second, no one is forcing you to post any reviews, so if you're unhappy, stop reviewing. There are many other million people who review just to help others and will continue reviewing.

Silvia

4. Re: Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 18:05
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,950 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

No, I don't work for Tripadvisor, and you honestly don't know what I was replying to, as the message was deleted for making false accusations against Tripadvisor and its staff.

Maybe you should have refrained from commenting as you don't have all the information available to make an assessment about my response.

Silvia

Edited: 01 April 2014, 16:34
6. Re: Unable to communicate with staff about a listing issue

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:16