We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor moving our reviews

Abergavenny, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor moving our reviews

I respond to all of our Trip Advisor reviews. I discovered last week there were 5 reviews I had responded to which had been moved from our main page to our afternoon tea page and oak room pages. So Trip Advisor moved the review but didn't move my responses, which now means I need to re-write a response AGAIN to 5 reviews. Not only is this inefficient on the part of trip advisor, this adds much unnecessary work for the business owner. Not to mention the reviewer received an email when I initially replied and now will receive another email when I have to reply again. Do you not think it would be more efficient to contact the business owner to say you will be moving the pages so the business owner can copy and paste the reply or why cant you move the whole item over (meaning review and response of business owner). I look forward to your reply.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,990 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

The fault lies with there being different "branches" to your business, and joe-public not realising this, and posting their reviews "any old where they like".

However, I do agree that owners having to do MR's again, is as frustrating as punters having to re-do their reviews.... So I agree that if the Review is moved, the MR should be moved.

Perhaps you should discuss this on the owners forum....

Essex
Level Contributor
27,990 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

I mean to say, you have 3 listings.....

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186433-d1941…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186433-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186433-…

'Phew, that is enough for anyone, eh?

But seriously, do you HAVE to respond to EVERY review?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,187 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

It may or may not be a good idea to move the MR with the review. Not all moved reviews will end up on a listing with the same owner. That may be why only the review is moved.

I have not received an email notification that an owner has replied to my reviews. So I'm not sure reviewers are notified about that.

Of course an owner can reply to reviews as they wish.

USA
Level Contributor
7,023 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

Welcome to the forum, Charlotte G!

Perhaps you should be the one to notify TripAdvisor that a review is posted to the wrong entity. In TripAdvisor's current format there is a nearly invisible gray flag in the lower right hand corner of every review that will allow you to do so.

I have not tracked down your businesses to look, but agree with EssexWanderer that replying to every review is a mistake.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

Hi Charlotte;

Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum. Please post your concern on that forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.h…

Best Regards

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,959 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

I wonder why a restaurants needs to have two listings, one regular and one for afternoon tea. Does it really matter if the reviews cover both?

Silvia

Essex
Level Contributor
27,990 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

That is a good point that Mufti has raised, and I did not "see"...

The review in the wrong place, could pertain to a totally different business, so moving the MR alongside, might well not be the best thing to do.....

USA
Level Contributor
7,023 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

"I wonder why a restaurants needs to have two listings, one regular and one for afternoon tea."

Has the restaurant been added as an attraction, too, or is that a third possibility?

9. Re: Trip Advisor moving our reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:16