We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

1 post
Save Topic
Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

My market is different from the transient hotels. In the extended stay market, guest stay at the hotel a minimum of 7days. In the past 3 months I have had serveal guest report that they have loaded comments on trip advisor about he hotel. And as I review today, I have 5 negative commenrs from Nov. 2013 till now. Once each month. I can accept the fact that, we have dropped the ball a few times. But with trip advisor not posting comments, because the guest is using my Wi-Fi, same IP address, it makes us look like a terrible hotel. I understand we will not satisfy ervy guest, but this site hinders new business, for us. I hope we can come up with a solution, where as I use this site myself. I hae possed this question before and hope you all had time to find a resolution. Because guest shoulb be able to post comments at their leisure. I feel, bad when I have to guide them to Mcdonalds to post a review for me, which we can see never gets done. I done know if you can help, but surely look forward to the conversation.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,290 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

Hi SuburbanGM;

This forum, the “Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better!” forum, is for discussions and suggestions on ways to improve the TripAdvisor website, itself.

Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

Information about how to sign-up and access the Owners’ Forum can be found here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

Please post your concern on that forum.

Best Regards

Essex
Level Contributor
28,185 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

Getting reviews posted from your own IP address is mad, even if others are doing the reviews, it will seem as though YOU are doing them, so no wonder they are not posted.

Co-ercing your clients into posting reviews is also a no-no.

Suggesting they review, but not expecting anything at all and not offering any incentive, is the way to go...

If anyone asked me to do it, then sat me down at their desk, or strong-armed me to the local wifi hotspot, I would either run a mile, or not write anything at all.

Mind, if you had annoyed me sufficiently, then you may expect SOME kind of a review, I am only human.....

Edited: 23 April 2014, 00:34
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

Why must you direct your guests to a McDonald's to write a review? Are they capable of writing them at home? If you do a search of this forum, you'll find a host of complaints about the authenticity of reviews. Don't you think that it is simply a good practice for guests to wait until they're off the property to write a review? Besides, I think it would make for a more accurate review if it reflected the entire experience, not just the first few days (or even the first six days). There is never a guarantee of authenticity, but this seems like a very simple step that should at least point the right direction. The solution is to just ask the guest to write the review from home. Easy.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,029 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

If I feel pressured by an owner/manager to write a review I feel it smacks of desperation. It's my choice where, when or if I write a review.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

Directing guests to McDonalds is not necessarily going to help, TA doesn't really know or care it is your IP address or McDonalds that is being used for the reviews - if it sees a significant number of reviews coming from the Same IP address it can set off the alarm bells.

Your guests may be inadvertently hurting the reputation of the neighbouring restaurants by writing reviews from your hotel after their meals. All reviews are best written from home.

PS you note 'guest stay at the hotel a minimum of 7days' - to qualify as a hotel for TA your minimum stay requirement must be no longer than 3 days, are you listed as a hotel or speciality lodging?

6. Re: Why aren't my posotive guest response not being posted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 06:15