We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unselect a rating

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Unselect a rating

It seems that once you select a category rating for a hotel, you can't unselect it. For example, I accidentally selected a rating for the "fitness center" at a B&B, but it doesn't have one. Once I realized it, I could'nt "zero" it out. That needs to be fixed. Otherwise, we're steering people wrong over a mistake.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,792 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unselect a rating

Yes. There's another recent thread saying the same thing. It must be a glitch.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unselect a rating

It is a very long standing glitch, TA needs to provide a N/A option to allow corrections like this.

I think it is just coincidence that two users have raised the same issues.

Level Contributor
6,334 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unselect a rating

Yes, definitely a long standing glitch. Being able to deselect a rating (certainly within the reviews) seems like a reasonable option to me. Truthfully, I don't pay much attention to the subcategory ratings, as I'm more interested in the text of the review than the little green dots. However, deselecting a rating would prevent the random "Oh, to heck with it" rating given when you unintentionally click on something.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unselect a rating

Delete the review and repost it....easy.

5. Re: Unselect a rating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:17