We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another rant about the Picture Viewing feature on Reviews

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Topic
Another rant about the Picture Viewing feature on Reviews

Apologies if this complaint has already been made but it happened to me for the 1st time today and I don't know how to get around it.

I was perusing the photos taken by previous reviewers and found a picture that I wanted to use as reference in a thread. I was able to access it this afternoon but when I went back to that thread and clicked on the link, the picture was no longer accessible. No big deal. I thought I would link it again so we could continue the discussion but....

The picture was uploaded by an Italian reviewer. On the most recent page of reviews, I can see the reviews submitted in English and also the pictures taken by the reviewers. To go to the reviews in Italian, I click on the "English first" box and select "Italian first". When I do that, NONE of the reviewers' pictures are displayed. There is no way that I can access the reviewer's review WITH her pictures. Here's Arianna's review. If I access it independently, there are NO pictures uploaded but in the top link "559 traveller pictures", I can clearly see her pictures.

tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

When I go to her profile page and look at her reviews, I can see the icon for pictures. Clicking on the review, once again it's the review WITHOUT pictures.

Really frustrated.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another rant about the Picture Viewing feature on Reviews

PS. I just figured out how to access a review WITH pictures from an Italian reviewer. I have to go to www.tripadvisor.it ! Crazy

2. Re: Another rant about the Picture Viewing feature on Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 07:16