We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ratings

Blackpool
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ratings

We do not understand why our star rating doesn't increase. We have had 4* plus ratings over the past 2 years and still we are stuck on 3.5*

We are very high on every other review site (Booking.com, Laterooms etc) and have spent a great deal on upgrading the building, gaining more stars from the AA and staff training and even changed some of the management team. Yet, we are still rated on the lower end of the review ladder.

There appears to be nothing we can do to improve this, except sell the business and start again!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ratings

A few things.

First, it isn't an official rating. It's a popularity index based on number of reviews, age of reviews and user ratings. Mathematically, if you're at 3.5, adding a number of 4s simply doesn't average out.

If you've done SIGNIFICANT renovations, you can request that TA remove the old reviews. I don't work for TA, so I don't know the exact guidelines for such action.

For future reference, matters that pertain to your business should be posted in the Owners forum.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ratings

Sorry, This was the link sent to me by TA!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,756 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ratings

Hi,

Read the page below to find your way to the Owners' forum. That's where you need to post any owner-related matter. Just keep in mind that like all Tripadvisor forums, the owners' forum is also member-driven.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k5057648…

Silvia

florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ratings

Hello I was wondering why we dropped down 5 restaurants by one bad review followed by 2 great ones. We have a higher percentage rate than the ones above is at 88% and above us is even a 76% >

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ratings

Hi Endless View,

Please read the information in Post 3 as it applies to you as well.

Regards,

L4

florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ratings

I did and was trying to take it off.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ratings

Here's the link to the Owner's Forum (if you're a verified owner, the link will work):

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.ht…

Regards,

L4

8. Re: Ratings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:17