We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do by state

I know that this has been asked before - what happened to the "things to do by US state" option. That was a great feature and I would love to have it back. Yes, there are people who want to start their search by state rather than by region. And there is no reason why searching by state and by region cannot be supported with some minor modifications to the site. Please bring it back.

Thanks

Aspi

USA
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do by state

Welcome to the forum, Aspi!

I would like to see this option, too. My clumsy work around is to enlarge any attraction's map and zoom and pan along my route of travel to search for nearby attractions of interest. I am sure I miss worthwhile attractions using this method and am disappointed that bars show up as attractions. I have managed to find a few worthwhile places using this method.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,070 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do by state

The forecast increase in gas prices may encourage TA to look at this again.

3. Re: Things to do by state

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions