We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
502 reviews
Save Topic
Review

I wanted to add something to review I wrote...!! there is no way to do it even before its published which I think is a big problem. I wanted to add that the Cambridge City Hotel in Cambridge UK had a very good secure car park which is important. Sadly cannot do so. I am a top contributor and I think its all a bit one-sided if we can't do anything like that !!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,283 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review

In my view, edits will create a never-ending process for the vetting of reviews. We already have a preview button to read our reviews before submitting and make any necessary edits.

Once submitted, you can always ask for your review to be removed, edit and resubmit.

www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Tripadvisor rules, by the way, apply to all members, whether or not they are top reviewers. No exceptions and no especial treatment for anyone of us.

Silvia

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review

Good suggestion, Maturity. I would at least like to be able to edit my review after submission and before publication. The preview button does not display the review as it will look when published. Editing the review from my profile page, where it is properly displayed, would be a big improvement and give some extra time to add or clarify points.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
502 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review

Thanks some commonsense too I think !!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,111 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review

Hi Maturity;

If I may suggest;

Whenever you are writing a review, write it in your word processor and save it on your computer. Give it a few days and then address it again. Then later when you have edited it, spell checked it, etc. copy and paste your review onto the submission page.

You have up to one year from your experience to submit your review.

Best Regards

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review

I think that post-submission editing is an unnecessary complication, as Silvia indicated in #1. You can edit without limitation when you compose in Word, AND you have a copy on hand just in case something goes haywire in the submission process. You can edit again without limit on the review submission page. You can edit again after previewing. All this comes prior to vetting the review. I wish I could get behind this idea, as it's been suggested before, but at some point you've got to be willing to release your review. Respectfully, with the ample opportunities we have to edit prior to posting, once you hit submit, it's in the can. I've got no problem with that.

Edited: 22 June 2014, 02:46
Western Australia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
502 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review

Interesting point. thanks everyone.

7. Re: Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17