We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something's missing in TripAdvisor

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Something's missing in TripAdvisor

Hi

I think a small feature in TripAdvisor could improve the website and the app amazingly!

It's missing that I cannot find any information regarding things or events happening RIGHT NOW at the destinations I'm exploring.

Adding this kind of feature could upgrade the use of this app, while people such as myself will always try to find out about current events, current museum exhibits and other stuff that are happening right now.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

That would be every event worldwide , I don't think any website could keep up with that with any accuracy.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

I agree that it would be very convenient, I don't know how one site could possibly sustain all of that information 365 days a year. I have no problem with TA listing annual events or links to local info sites, but I just don't think what you're suggesting is feasible. With local newspapers, "city guides", and other local info sites available online anymore, I think there may be better sources for such detailed information

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

>>"I cannot find any information regarding things or events happening RIGHT NOW at the destinations I'm exploring."<<

The exact purpose of the destination forums. Post a query and find out what's going on.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

Who should keep such information up to date?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,780 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

Guy M, one word for you:

Forums!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

Agree with half-brit. just go on the destination forum of the country/city you are visiting and ask, you will be given up to date info.On some of the places I regularly visit there are folk that post about events that may be of interest to visitors.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,551 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

Yes, the destination forums are where you would get that information. On the Isla Mujeres forum we have several people posting who live there, providing continuously updated info for ongoing events.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

Welcome to the forum, Guy. Good suggestion, it is not going to happen.

9. Re: Something's missing in TripAdvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:16