We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't write a review

Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Can't write a review

I wanted to submit some more reviews from my Myanmar trip, however, your review process for an unlisted attraction has a problem. It wants details in red that A traveller on a tour will not have such as the street address. I want to review some pagodas and temples I've visited but thinks I want to list a business or something. If you guys check every review why would I need this to happen for an attraction you don't list in a country that has only just been available to visit after 50 years of isolation. I want to do reviews on 1. Shewethalyaung Temple, 2. Kambozathadi Palace but can't for some reason. can you help?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,719 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't write a review

Hello,

Sometimes if you have incorrect spelling on places or attractions you can't locate them here on TA. I found Kambazathadi Golden Palace, (spelled with an a, not an o).

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g303655…

Check the spelling for the other place you mentioned and try using the search bar at the top right of this page.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 05:30
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,719 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't write a review

Slightly different spelling again. Is this it?

tripadvisor.com.au/…REVIEWS

Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't write a review

Thanks, It seems the spelling makes the difference, I was only using the spelling given by our travel guide in Myanmar and you would think they know how to spell it right.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,155 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't write a review

I think you tried to use the "Write a review" link in the green bar. If that method doesn't recognise the name you type in, because the spelling is wrong, it will give you the template to submit a new listing. There is a better way. First TA search function is not that clever, so spelling is going to matter. I find going to the destination forum for the attraction is the first step. Then in the search field above the green bar type in the name and city of the attraction. Theoretically that should bring it up. From there you can go to the actual listing where you can write your review. If I entered the name and city in the general search field on this page, TA's search might not find the attraction.

BTW, this is a regular open forum, not a TA Office. Those answering here are regular members.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,719 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't write a review

No worries, I was happy to help. That must have been a wonderful trip, those temples and palaces look amazing.

6. Re: Can't write a review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:15