We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Previews of reviews

San Diego
Level Contributor
3 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Previews of reviews

I have twice posted reviews to the wrong location, primarily because the preview does not contain that information and TripAdvisor seems to switch the location behind my back. Is it possible to include this so a person's final check of correctness is complete? I have also waited a very long time for an earlier bad location to be corrected. This not like simple typos. It distorts the rating of an establishment and should be handled at a higher priority. Thanks for any help on this.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,067 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Previews of reviews

I like your idea. It would be quite useful for all of us.

I do check to which property I'm righting a review form in the review form itself--the name and address of the business are listed at the very top of the page, but usually to avoid mistakes, I first search for the business first, and click on the green Write a Review button directly on the property's listing page.

I don't think that Tripadvisor is switching the location behind your back on purpose. If the property you're writing a review for is not yet listed, that may be the problem. There is a problem with the new listing system. Tripadvisor Staff is aware.

Silvia

Edited: 06 August 2014, 03:23
San Diego
Level Contributor
3 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Previews of reviews

Thanks Silvia. I think it is safer to do the "write a review" from the listing page and I will try to remember. I still think the preview should have all the relevant info. Presumably fewer errors means less cleanup work for TA staff.

ctz1964

3. Re: Previews of reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16