We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip plan calendar

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trip plan calendar

Hi, I was wondering if Tripadvisor has a feature where you can organise your trip plans in calendar format. Eg put in the dates you will be away, which city and hotel you are staying at on which night, what restaurants / activities you plan to do, say entered from a saved list or wish lists??

Thanks in advance

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,231 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip plan calendar

Hi there,

No, Tripadvisor does not offer such feature but it is a very interesting idea that they should consider.

Silvia

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
5,103 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip plan calendar

TA do not really offer any trip planning tools - the Saved trips function is not really fit for purpose.

TA's failures forced me to look elsewhere and I now use a mixture of TripIt, Kayak and PlanApple for trip planning.

TripIt and Kayak work best for handling actual hotel, airline & car hire bookings, you forward them you booking confirmation emails and for most major sites they can recognise the format and automatically create calendar entries for your bookings.

PlanApple is great for the less definite plans - the things you come across on the web and think we might go there - it is has a 'Save to my Trip' bookmarklet button that allows you to save any web page to a destination on your trip and to add notes.

You can import a TripIt calendar into PlanApple to give the best of both worlds (haven't tried importing from Kayk yet). You can also import the Calendars from all three tools in your Google calendar or other application so your trip shows up on your normal calender view. Trips can also be shared with travelling companions and friends to allow cooperative travel planning and printed.

For a month long trip to four countries with eight flights on four airline and numerous car hires and hotels I took only the paperwork for Vietnam visas, everything else was printed to pdf and kept online and on a laptop & tablet. NZ & OZ immigration were happy to take my onscreen itinerary as evidence of plans to leave the country.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,692 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip plan calendar

We make our own. It is quite easy.

www.nickbooth.id.au/Europe2011.pdf

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip plan calendar

Thanks Mymsman for the comprehensive response. That looks like a good option.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip plan calendar

Totally agree with Sylvia

It is a novel idea, even as a little spin off project, I'd think great many people would be interested. It's one of those questions that get raised fairly regularly around the Beyond Destination forums, especially in the Gadgets & Gear forum

6. Re: Trip plan calendar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:16