We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Center "how to" for mobile

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Help Center "how to" for mobile

It'll be very useful if Tripadvisor could add to the Help Center how to do different things using the Apps and the mobile sites, in a different Mobile/App section.

Just a few that come to mind:

1. How to add a new listing with the mobile site and mention this is not possible using the App.

2. How do add photos to an existing review using mobile.

3. How to see your contributions using mobile and app.

4. How to access the full site from mobile (and that's not available through the app)

5. A general FAQ on what can be done with the full site but not on mobile and not on the app.

Silvia

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,473 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Center "how to" for mobile

Great idea, Silvia. Another item to include is how to use the save feature on mobile and how this differs from use on the full site.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Center "how to" for mobile

Is the help centre (easily) available from the mobile apps?

Each app should link to a version of the app that it tailored to the app version.

It would also help if forum posts included a 'Posted from iPad/Android/Mobile site' indicator so that replies can be tailored if needed - no references to Top Questions

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Center "how to" for mobile

Whether or not the Help Center is available for mobile or apps, the Help Center is available on devices via the full site. We also need to be able to respond to members' questions what can be done and how without having to search through a bunch of older forum posts.

Here's a list about what I see in mobile and apps for iOS devices (which is what I have):

Tripadvisor app:

- for iPad: Help Center available through Profile or Contributions as an in-app browser windows opens showing contributions in the full site. Help Center available by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page, just as in the full site.

- Tripadvisor app for iPhone: link to help center is a choice right in the menu

City Guides (iPad and iPhone)

- no help center, a list of dedicated FAQs

Mobile site:

- for iPad: sorry don't know as I go directly to the full site

- for iPhone: no link to the Help Center

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,802 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Center "how to" for mobile

iPhone - I have to Google TA Help Centre, which takes me to the mobile site. It is incomplete, in that it is missing the 3 links at the top right: Home, Contact Us, and the Forum selections. Not possible to provide the General Support link and the "how to" to contact TA about a missing review or account issues.

5. Re: Help Center "how to" for mobile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:16