We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting Photos

Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
682 reviews
Save Topic
Posting Photos

I have been noticing that when I do a review and attach photos, I have to check off a disclaimer box and will often have to repeat the step. When I go to submit, it often prompts me to check off this disclaimer box even though I have already done so .There is no need for the extra step.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Posting Photos

I think it's just a software glitch. What I don't like is say after you post a pic and then you say forgot one to post one. You cannot just add another (I don't think), you have to add more pics along with another review, of which you are not allowed to do within 30 days of your posting. As well as doing any editing or spelling fixes on your review. Is here a way to edit an existing review?

Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
682 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posting Photos

So I hear what you are saying but this has been happening to me for several different reviews over the last month, on different computers, the ipad/iphone app etc.

As for adding more photos to a review already submitted- there is a way of doing this- when you login to your profile, you go to the part that shows you every review you have ever written. Off to the right hand side it will show that you have added photos and it will allow you to add more on to it. So literally pull up the list (looks like a spreadsheet vs. picture boxes) and select add more photos.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Posting Photos

Huh, I guess I never noticed or maybe it didn't happen to me, the disclaimer checking thing. I'll try to notice next time. Thanks for the tip on how to add more photos. I'll check into that.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,778 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posting Photos

Hello K V,

Yes, ilovedgreece is correct. You can add photos after submitting reviews by simply clicking the blue 'add photos' link found next all all published reviews you have made, found on your Profile - member reviews page.

You can also add photos by simply accessing the TA Listing and scrolling to the bottom of the page. There you will find a Two big green buttons; 1) 'Write Review' and 2) 'Add Photos & Videos'. Just click the green 'Add Photos & Videos' button and you can submit photos directly to the listing. As soon as the photos have been published, they will be assigned directly to your latest review and you will be able to see them attached there.

So Cal
Level Contributor
9,370 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posting Photos

It usually takes a few days for them to show up, but they will.

I noticed that extra disclaimer step last month or so, too. They were tinkering with the photos so much around that time and there were so many other problems that I just assumed it was yet another bug and didn't bother reporting it. It doesn't seem to cause any problems other than general irritation.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,778 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posting Photos

There was a 'bug' with the photo load process back in June and many photos were simply disappearing during the submission process (see link). That does seem to have cleared up now.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7596534…

7. Re: Posting Photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:16