We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

I tried to add a review about a Villa and so I thought there was a problem, so I tried again the next day and although I did not say the Villa was worth the money nor that I thought it was value for money etc some of these things at the bottom of the review were there making it look as if I thought it was value for money which it was not, do owners get to check the reviews before adding to the site ? why can a review not be edited by the reviewer if they have not ticked the correct box or there are mistakes which can mislead people reading it?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

If you do a search of this forum you will find many threads about editing reviews and the reasons TA does not allow it

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

Carol, once one of the buttons is clicked it can be changed, but not removed. Many of us think it is a design defect.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

I asked them at T.A and they said to request the review be taken off then re post it so hopefully it will work but I can't understand why the first review had some things ticked making it look like I thought the Villa was worth the money when I didn't think it was worth the money we paid, nor was the cleaning worth the £100 we paid as the Villa was not cleaned very well, and we left it cleaner than when we arrived lol. It would be so much easier if you could edit your own reviews, and god knows why people can't do something as simple as that by requesting the edit to be checked by T A staff.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

Hi again

Out of interest did you Preview the review before you hit Submit?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

I did but the first time there was trouble with the site the second time the questions and answer thing at the bottom wasn't there so I couldn't fill it out yet it printed out as if I had filled it in the opposite way to the answers I wanted, so don't know how that happened but I am used to things funny happening to me that seems to be the par for our family. I would not have stated in my review that the place wasn't worth the money then ticked the boxes/questions stating I thought it was marvelous and worth the money lol. But I asked for it to be taken off and re posted it and it did not have any questions to tick or answer so wondering what will happen lol

6. Re: Why can't Reviews be edited if they have mistakes in them ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:17